Summary Guidance for January & February 2021 - COVID-19 Protocol – Effective Immediately
As you know, our nation is now experiencing alarming new highs in the course of the ongoing pandemic. We are writing to alert you to more stringent protocols at 6-4-3, effective immediately, as the spring practice season opens next week for teams 8-14U. Due to the current, concerning public health realities in our local community, state, and nation, 6-4-3 teams, families and players will adhere to the following in an attempt to keep themselves and others healthy.
- Masks/face coverings will be worn by all 6-4-3 players, coaches, parents, lesson takers and staff while at 6-4-3’s Aviation Complex until further notice. This applies to both OUTDOOR and INDOOR activities. If parents wish to observe practice from the bleachers or fence line, parents will wear masks/face coverings.
- Teams will be able to rent the indoor space for workouts, but only when there are no private lessons occurring. Also, only one team at a time will be allowed to practice in the indoor space. Again, masks will be worn by all practicing indoors. Please contact the 6-4-3 office to schedule – 678.354.3199.
- If a player is exposed to COVID-19 (or potentially exposed, a.k.a. a close contact) in his community, school, family, or other environment, that player will be required to sit out of all 6-4-3 team activity until proper testing and/or quarantine duration is completed per CDC guidelines (likely 14 days).
- If a team is exposed by a player on the roster (or coach) testing positive for COVID-19, the entire group will be required to shut down all team activity until proper testing and/or quarantine duration is completed per CDC guidelines (likely 14 days).
- For detailed guidance on COVID-19 spring protocols that 6-4-3 coaches will be briefed on this weekend, please click here.
- To review current CDC guidelines that 6-4-3 will use for COVID-19 scenarios, please click here. Note: If CDC guidelines change in the future, so will 6-4-3’s.
Please know that 6-4-3 will continue to disinfect high touch areas and restrooms daily. 6-4-3 will also continue to disinfect (via fogging sprayer) all indoor spaces regularly. This is a continuation of 6-4-3’s bolstered cleaning efforts from last spring and summer.
Our current goals are simple: 1) do all that we possibly can as a baseball family to keep one another healthy, and 2) allow as many practices and games as possible for the players this spring season.
Thanks in advance for your teamwork and willingness to care for one another. The next few months will require a collective and disciplined effort by all.
The Staff of 6-4-3 DP Baseball