The 6-4-3 Foundation is the charitable arm of the 6-4-3 organization. During the summer of 2015, The 6-4-3 Foundation created a program honoring those who serve our country so faithfully called ADOPT-A-SOLDIER. Care boxes were created and personalized for members of the U.S. Army Alpha Company deployed in Afghanistan.
In recent days, The 6-4-3 Foundation has been contacted again by this company regarding a unit of soldiers in "the worst spots in the area of operations." They have requested that we send care packages with necessities including snacks, baby wipes, bug spray, vitamins, soap, chapstick, beef jerky, flavored water packets, etc., to an undisclosed location. We have been told that, "these folks are in some rough places right now with nothing for amenities." We need your help to demonstrate just how much we care and appreciate their service to our country!
In an effort to have these packages completed and ready for shipment in less than 30 days, we are asking for monetary donations. Each box costs about $125 including shipping, and our goal is to create 100 boxes. The 6-4-3 Foundation will purchase the requested supplies in bulk to drive down our unit costs and host a packing party at Aviation Sports Complex on June 12 to assemble each care package. Will you please help us meet this critical need? Any donation will help and PLEASE share this info with others to allow us to reach our goal as quickly as possible.
To donate today to The 6-4-3 Foundation's general fund in support of the ADOPT-A-SOLDIER project, please click the icon below to process your donation quickly, easily and securely through PayPal. Every donation will make a positive difference regardless of size.
*Note: All contributions to the foundation are tax deductible. The 6-4-3 Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Georgia not-for-profit corporation.
The mission of The 6-4-3 Foundation is to enhance the lives of children and families through sports.
The primary areas of focus for The 6-4-3 Foundation are:
1. SCHOLARSHIP ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- Through The 6-4-3 Foundation, qualified players and families needing financial assistance will be given the support necessary to have the opportunity to train, play and participate in sports programs.
- Scholarship recipients will be screened and selected through a standardized application process.
2. COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT AND OUTREACH EFFORTS
- Through the support of The 6-4-3 Foundation, community parks, fields and facilities will be able to receive funding for improvement projects and necessary maintenance needs.
- Through support from The 6-4-3 Foundation, worthy community initiatives and charities will receive financial assistance and other resources for their programs, events and activities.
- Grant recipients will be screened and selected through a standardized application process.
3. VOLUNTEER SERVICE PROJECTS
- Through support from The 6-4-3 Foundation, service projects will be organized for members of 6-4-3's academy teams (ages 8-18) and their families to participate in to make a positive difference in the world. As our student-athletes continue to improve on the field, 6-4-3 also wants to create opportunities for them to learn life lessons off the field and to do good deeds in the community alongside their teammates.