Congratulations to the 6-4-3 DP Cougars (11U) team for winning the Triple Crown Georgia State Championship this past weekend in Cumming, Georgia. According to their coaches, the 11U Cougars players came together to have their best showing of the year while competing with a very deep and talented field of opponents. For the tournament, the 11U Cougars earned a perfect 7-0 record and outscored their opponents by a combined margin of 86-20. The tournament success for the 11U Cougars was fueled by contributions from everyone in the lineup:
- Kenton Collier recorded the win in the semifinal game with four innings of one run ball and then closed out the championship game over the big hitting Bandits team, picking up the save in a 9-7 win.
- Braden Pierce hit over .700 for the tournament, including going 7 for 7 with two home runs over the course of the final three games.
- AJ Demastrie recorded a complete game victory in bracket play and sprayed line drives over the field all weekend, including the clutch, game tying hit with two outs in the bottom of the fifth inning during the Cougars comeback from a four run deficit in the championship game.
- Carson Kerce contributed several big hits over the weekend including a home run before driving in the go-ahead runs with a clutch hit in the fifth inning of the championship game.
- Crash Heuer was tremendous out of the cleanup spot all weekend producing 14 RBI over the 7 games.
- Ryan Novak was a huge contributor with several, big, two out hits to start rallies or keep them going…and then pitched 1.2 innings of excellent relief work giving up no runs while allowing the Cougars’ to mount an offensive comeback in the championship game.
- KK Towe played outstanding at shortstop throughout the weekend. He also provided everything the team needed with big hits, bunts and stellar pitching (including a combined no hitter in bracket play with Zeke Moore).
- Speaking of Zeke Moore, Zeke recored the win and threw three innings of no hit ball in the Cougars game with the 6-4-3 DP Jaguars on Sunday. Zeke also launched several balls to (or off) the fence and provided solid base running and field work.
- Ramsey Robertson provided the Cougars with solid innings of work off the mound in a tough, rain altered game in bracket play against the Elite Gamers. He also flashed the leather at first base over the weekend!
- Cooper Davidson had one of the weekend's biggest hits - a two out double to the right field fence that drove home two runs and sparked the comeback in the big fifth inning of the championship game. He also navigated a tough lineup, allowing just two earned runs in 3.1 innings, against a red hot Bandits lineup.
- Tate McKee locked down the Gamers in the final three innings of relief work to save a tight game for the Cougars. He also contributed some stellar defensive work at 3rd base (including an amazing diving stop), SS and catcher.
- Logan Geter shined at the plate against the Jaguars with a 3 for 3 game and gave the Cougars solid outfield play throughout the tournament.
Congratulations to the 6-4-3 DP Cougars (11U) players and coaches on their strong team performance and recent tournament success.